Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Ordered some metal, November 8, 2006

I found a local supplier for 6061 T6 aluminum. This is a big deal, and should save me a lot of time and money. I've ordered most of the smaller dimensioned sheet metal of various thicknesses, which I should be able to transport in the Jetta. From this I think I'll be able to make most of the "connecting" pieces for the airframe--gussets 'n things.

The supplier doesn't list the .025" thickness aluminum sheet on their website, so I may have to look elsewhere for that. Hopefully I can find it locally, since I need 11 huge sheets of it (assuming I don't mess any of the parts up that come from them). I'll ask about the .025" when I pick up my first order.

Theoretically this means I'll be starting the build this week!

--Bill

No comments: